Notable Brazilian data miner X-Kira returned towards the end of last month with more big discoveries to close out 2017. With Street Fighter V on the cusp of finally receiving the much-demanded Arcade Mode later this month, it appears that Capcom is planning to increase the amount of nostalgic stages available in the game even further, especially with four of the upcoming Season 3 DLC characters being returning veterans.
X-Kira claims that upwards of 20 new arenas will be making their way to SFV:AE in the coming months, with his list currently being as follows:
- Final Fight: Metro City Slums, U.S.A. (Cody stage)
- Street Fighter II: Battle Harbor, U.S.A. (Ken stage)
- Street Fighter II: Amazon River Basin, Brazil (Blanka stage)
- Street Fighter II: Big Factory, Russia (Zangief stage)
- Street Fighter II: Maharaja’s Palace, India (Dhalsim stage)
- Street Fighter II: Ayutthaya Temple Ruins, Thailand (Sagat stage)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2: Beijing, China (Chun-Li stage)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2: Detroit Highway, U.S.A. (Nash stage)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2: W.C. in the London underground, England (Birdie stage)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2: Field in a Thunderstorm, Australia
- Street Fighter Alpha 2: Ridge Overlooking Guyana Falls, Venezuela (M. Bison stage)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3: Hana Shotengai, Japan (Karin & Sakura stage)
- Street Fighter III: New Generation: A Road in Kyoto, Japan (Ibuki stage)
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Olmec Ruins, Mexico (Urien stage)
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Subway Station, U.S.A. (Alex stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Russia (Kolin stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Neo Shadaloo, Unknown Location (Ed stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Egypt (Menat stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: “Strider” Base (Zeku stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Neo Shadaloo Headquarters, Unknown Location (Falke stage?)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Shadaloo Corridor A
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: “Rainbow Ring” Japan (Rainbow Mika stage)
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Nguhhao Palace (F.A.N.G stage)
Though nothing is ever fully concrete until officially confirmed by Capcom themselves, X-Kira insists on Twitter that “All these stages are 100% confirmed, for the future, just wait, and the list is not over yet!”
His most recent pair of discoveries are just as equally interesting. X-Kira recently posted a video of what looks to be him running through the DEV version of a “Boss Rush” mode, which could potentially be tied to the upcoming Extra Battle mode. As Kolin, we can see Kira battle Cinematic Story NPCs, such as the low, mid, and high-ranking Shadaloo Soldiers, Shadaloo Dolls Enero, Fevrier, Marz, Aprile, Satsuki, Juli, Santamu, Decapre, and Phantom Bison inside the Ring of Destiny, noting that, “in this mode you challenge the gangs, Shadaloo, Illuminati, S.I.N. and Neo Shadaloo, and there is also another script that controls only the good guys, but this script is incomplete and it crashes constantly.”
Finally, X-Kira appears to have uncovered some form of Edition Select, a mode last seen in Ultra Street Fighter IV that allowed players to utilize previous versions of every character throughout the series, allowing for previously-impossible dream match-ups between fighters from different eras of the game. He demonstrates this via a few R. Mika, Nash, and Zangief combos, as well as an online Battle Lounge match, where he uses Season 2.5 M. Bison against -Fenix-‘s Season 1 incarnation of the Mighty Dictator, which you can see below.
All these Stages they are 100% confirmed, for the future, just wait, and the list is not over yet!
— X-Kira (@Mikami_XKira) December 22, 2017
What do you think of these potential developments? Are you excited to see these stages possibly return, or are their others you’re still yearning for? Let us know in the comments.
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be released on January 16th, as both a free update for current SFV owners, and as a separate purchase for those looking to jump right in.