Brawlout is now coming to the Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
Following the successful launch on Steam’s Early Access in April 2017, Angry Mob Games is now planning to release a Nintendo Switch version of their platform fighter Brawlout, expected to appear during this year’s holiday season. To celebrate the announcement, you can currently pick up Brawlout‘s Steam version for 50% off.
That isn’t the only Brawlout news Angry Mob has to share: a new playable character is being added to the lineup: Hyper Light Drifter, from the indie game of the same name. Developed by Heart Machine studio, the titular hero is now set to unsheathe his light sword against the competitors of Brawlout. From Bogdan Iliesiu, CEO of Angry Mob Games:
We love indie games; one of the first, and most iconic, characters that came to mind was Hyper Light Drifter. He fit into the Brawlout universe perfectly, as he is already built for the type of battle we see in the game. We collaborated closely with Heart Machine to make sure The Drifter remained true to the original, working in his iconic light sword and making his signature dash a character specific move. The Drifter brings a more technical style of combat to Brawlout, with tons of movement options and both defensive and offensive play, that we think he’s going to become a staple for those looking for a competitive edge.
Notable features of Brawlout:
- Choose from six original characters, each with unique combat styles, or try your hand at Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name + more surprise fighters in the works
- Host up to 4 players in online and local battles, with several modes including timed, stock or team matches
- Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting Special Attacks and unleash your Rage Mode
- Action is kept fast and fluid with advanced techniques like air dodging, wavedashes, directional influence on stun, ledge grabs or Rage Bursts.
- Brawlout does away with shields and blocking, focusing heavily on the aggressive, fast-paced combat which has made platform fighters so fun to both play and watch.
Brawlout is currently available on Steam for $9.99 USD. Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions are coming soon.
Source: press release