Nintendo unpacks a ton of new goodies coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
Nintendo did not hold back on the reveals this morning in their Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct. They showed off a lot of new content heading to their upcoming platform fighter:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Castlevania! Simon Belmont revealed as a playable character, with Richter Belmont as an Echo Fighter; Dracula’s Castle stage (complete with Dracula); as well as new items based on the Castlevania series and Alucard as an Assist Trophy. There will be 34 tracks of Castlevania music included!
- New Echo Fighters: Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 2 and Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening have joined the roster.
- King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series revealed as a playable fighter!
- Lots of new Assist Trophies including Metal Gear Solid‘s Gray Fox, Knuckles, Zero from the Mega Man X series, Shovel Knight, and many new Pokémon.
- Rathalos from Capcom’s Monster Hunter series appears as both a boss and an Assist Trophy!
- The stage count has reached 103, with over 800 music tracks!
- New features for rules settings, and a new mode that is yet to be revealed.
There is a lot to see, so check out the full half-hour Direct below.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will arrive on the Nintendo Switch on December 7!