Fighting game developer Soft Circle French Bread (formerly just French Bread) is responsible for Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth, and Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. The company’s design philosophy and style have been hugely influential to the anime fighting game sub-genre as a whole. Despite niche sales, their partnership with publisher and developer Arc System Works has led to bigger projects that have grown the communities around their games exponentially.
What does all this mean? It means that Soft Circle French Bread’s following is big enough to support its own tournament major. Enter: Climax of Night.
Journeys only start with lists of ones fighting.
— Climax of Night (@NightsClimax) June 28, 2018
Announced at Combo Breaker 2018, Climax of Night is America’s first dedicated Soft Circle French Bread tournament, located in Atlanta, GA. And right now, sign-ups are officially open — if you, too, have been swayed by any of their recent entries (or by BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, which features Under Night characters), you should register for the tournament here!
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] (PS4)
- Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition (PS4)
- Melty Blood Actress Again: Current Code (PC/Steam)
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (PS4)
All official games are standard double-elimination bracket, singles (1v1) format. $10 each.
- Early Registration (till 7/29) – $30
- Regular Registration (7/30 – 10/12) – $40
- Late Registration (10/13 – 10/29) – $50
- Spectators (at the door) – $10
No more parking lots for you, Melty Blood.
Source: NightsClimax (Twitter)