Some new details have surfaced for Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. 2 via a booklet from the game’s recent location test. Revealed were a couple of new mobile suits, as well as details of the EX Burst system.
Twitter user UMR has shared some photos of the booklet which you can see below.
— UMR (@vf91c_50) May 10, 2018
The two revealed mobile suits were the AGE-1G Gundam AGE-1 Full Glansa from Mobile Suite Gundam AGE, and the MSAM-YM03 Montero from Gundam Reconguista in G. These will be joining the existing roster, which includes the ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos, TBG-11B Try Burning Gundam, and GF13-006NA Gundam Maxter.
In addition to this, the booklet also detailed the changes to the game’s “VS. Mobile” mode as well as the workings of the “EX Burst” mode. With the former has been completely revamped with medals acquired through gameplay now being used for scratch tickets for a chance at scoring extra mobile suits.
EX Burst mode has 5 different kinds of awakenings, these are:
- M-Burst: Enhances mobility and performance.
- L- Burst: Refills an ally’s ammo and boost recovery effects, also fills up EX Gauge.
- F-Burst: Enhances close-ranged attacks, enables guard breaks.
- E-Burst: Avoids critical situations, requires only half an EX Gauge.
- S-Burst: Enables cancelling of shooting attacks, decreases reload time, and increases meter build.
For beginners, the game will has a Plus Coin mode. Here beginners can insert two credits in advance to play a minimum of three games. It basically allows beginners more time on a cabinet than normal.
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. 2 is set to launch in Japanese arcades sometime next year.