A new edition of the Cloud Revolver arrives from HyperX.
Another headset option is now available from HyperX, the company that brought us the ubiquitous Cloud Stinger and the Cloud Alpha. The Cloud Revolver Gunmetal has hit the market; this new edition of their Cloud Revolver wired headset is compatible with any platform that uses the standardized 3.5mm jack — console, PC, smartphone, etc. While marketed more heavily towards the FPS crowd — “gunmetal,” after all — this is a headset you still might want to consider for your other gaming and streaming needs, if you enjoy the aesthetics. It has a lot of features to back up its looks, too. From HyperX:
Featuring the same award-winning sound, comfort and durability inherent in Cloud Revolver, the new gunmetal edition offers the immersive audio profiles engineered in the Cloud Revolver family, creating a larger sound stage for FPS and open-environment gameplay, as well as concert hall-like audio experience when listening to music.
HyperX Cloud Revolver Gunmetal uses 50mm drivers that directs sound into the ear for precise audio positioning and a clean, crisp sound with enhanced bass. The headset is versatile with its detachable noise-canceling microphone that is certified by TeamSpeak and Discord. The headset is designed to deliver ultimate comfort during long hours of gameplay with HyperX signature memory foam and premium leatherette on the ear cups and head band.
Cloud Revolver is now available through HyperX’s network of retail and e-tail outlets for $119.99 MSRP. For more information on Cloud Revolver Gunmetal and global availability, please visit the Cloud Revolver webpage.
- Studio-grade sound stage
- Signature HyperX memory foam with premium leatherette
- Durable steel frame
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone
- Directional 50mm drivers
- Multi-platform compatibility
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 12Hz–28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 104.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight w/ mic and cable: 376g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1m) + Audio Control Box (2m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + Audio Control Box – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz–18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
Source: HyperX (press release)