New reasons to check out this platform fighter on Nintendo’s Switch.
The latest patch for Brawlout on the Nintendo Switch (version 1.1.0) is presently live, updating the game with a number of new features and improvements, including:
- Watch live and recent matches from players worldwide!
- Check out your own online match history and watch replays of your previous online battles.
- AI opponents are now able to use DI (Directional Influence), both to escape combos and to dampen the impact of otherwise fatal blows. In general, AI should be a little harder to combo and KO.
- Tons of new achievements, which give players extra rewards to help speed up the process of acquiring piñatas.
- Two new special cosmetics can be unlocked for each character when players reach Mastery Levels 10 and 15 with each.
Exclusive character gear items
- Special cosmetics have been added that are obtainable by redeeming codes given out during special events.
This is on top of bug fixes, which include general fixes as well as specific character balancing; the patch notes can be viewed here.
To celebrate the new patch and the success Brawlout has seen on Switch so far — with over 80,000 players reported to have joined the fight — new players can pick up the game at a 25% discount on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Offer applies to the US and Europe, and expires on February 14th, so act fast if you want to get in on the brawl at a discounted price.
Source: Brawlout [press release]