While Nintendo is done with content updates for ARMS, that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped supporting the game. Case in point: the game has just received a new patch that adds two new modes, on top of a few fixes.
ARMS‘s version 5.1 update brings with it the new a “Gallery” and “Tournament Mode.” Gallery mode is pretty straightforward. It lets players view illustrations that they can unlock using in-game currency. Tournament Mode, on the other hand, is designed — as the name states — for tournament play. Here all ARMS are unlocked for players to use. While in this mode, players cannot participate in a Grand Prix, nor can they earn in-game currency. Switching between “normal” and Tournament Mode can be done by pressing in the right stick and holding L and R in the Top Menu.
In addition to this, the patch also adds a few bug fixes for some characters. You can check out all of these below.
ARMS version 5.1 patch notes
- Added new “Gallery” feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.
- Added new badges.
- Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.
- Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.
- And so many more!
- New additions to Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
- If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
- Added “Tournament Mode.”
- A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked.
- When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won’t receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded.
- You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.
- Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle’s extra ARMS would not fire correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.