Because you need all the Fight Money you can get your hands on!
The introduction of the weekly missions in Street Fighter V were a welcome means to pad our virtual wallets with more precious Fight Money; included in these missions, alongside the obvious “play X mode” or “win X Ranked matches” sort of stuff, were the somewhat cryptic “special” missions: worth 5000 FM each, and lacking a clear description of the task you need to complete to earn your FM, only a mysterious hint scrolling along the bottom of your screen. Many of them can easily be figured out based on their title, that hint, or a combination of both — and some are just outright bizarre.
With the upgrade to Arcade Edition, these tasks remain as part of the weekly missions — and while they have been seemingly nerfed to providing only 2500 FM for completion, the completion objectives are the same — and they even appear to be cycling in the same order they were during Season 2. Some require a quick jump into a character’s Story mode, while most can be completed in either offline Versus (against another player, or just the CPU) or by meeting the same conditions in an online Casual/Ranked/Battle Lounge match. Refer to the list below to see what each mission requires for completion, and get that Fight Money! (Check the links in the mission titles for helpful YouTube videos.)
- Sleeping Dog – Wake up the dog in the background of Apprentice Alley via multiple knockdowns on the left side of the stage.
- Datta’s Wish – Play a match in which Dhalsim wins on Apprentice Alley.
- You Toucan Be Friends – Cause the toucan on the fruit cart on Hillside Plaza to fly away with some fallen fruit via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- A Game of Push and Pull – Make the statue fall from the back of the truck on the right side of City in Chaos via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- No Work and All Play – Cause the fire hydrant to break open on the right side of City in Chaos via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- It’s Only Missile Disarmament – Cause the missiles resting on the ground in Shadaloo Base to fire via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- We Salute Thee, Four Kings – Win on Shadaloo Base with M. Bison, Vega, F.A.N.G, or Balrog.
- The Rumored Four Kings Statue – Fight M. Bison in F.A.N.G’s Character Story.
- Sakura’s Urgent Errand – Play Karin’s Character Story, part 4 (epilogue).
- Come One, Come All – On Bustling Side Street, after the noodle shop doors on the left side of the stage have been broken by a player being knocked through them, dump a bowl of noodles on your opponent’s head by knocking them against the far wall on the extended left side of the stage.
- Shibasaki’s First Request – Play Dhalsim’s Character Story, part 2.
- Safety Measures – Destroy the hanging street signs on Bustling Side Street.
- Remember That Dress? – Play Ken’s Character Story, part 4 (epilogue).
- Blunder Bus – Get a K.O. on Bustling Side Street on the right side, knocking the opponent onto the bus.
- Funny Guy – Cause the janitor in Union Station to fall over and get his bucket stuck on his head via repeated knockdowns on the left side of the stage.
- A Short-Tailed Bat Colony – Cause bats to fly out of the cave on the right side of Forgotten Waterfall via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- Ishazaki’s Appeal – Cause the maid to strike the over-excited Ishazaki with her tray on the right side of Kanzuki Estate via multiple knockdowns on the right side of the stage.
- Special Move Sensation – Play at least three rounds (and win the fight) on Kanzuki Estate, while triggering the animations of the two background ninjas in the center and left side of the stage with knockdowns.
- Respectful Spectating – Cause the bear in the background of the Underground Arena to sit down, triggered by hard knockdowns.
Will we see different missions like this in the future? Capcom has promised new weekly missions will be added at some point, so we’ll see…