The Infinity Stones have been collected, the Evo champions have been summoned and three warriors have made it through the online crucible. Now it is time to see who will wield the Infinity Gauntlet and rule over the Marvel and Capcom universes. It is of course, time for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite‘s Battle for the Stones finals.
With a handful of players in both Capcom Cup and the Battle for the Stones finals, Top 16 to Grand Finals of Battle for the Stones will be held on Friday — starting at 11am PT and hoping to finish at 9pm PT at the Anaheim Hilton. Grand Finals will then take place at the PlayStation Experience on Sunday at 2pm PT, acting as a suitable warm-up act for the Top 8 of Capcom Cup 2017.
The brackets have now been locked in, and the line-up is available over on smash.gg. Some notable first round matches are Cloud805 versus KaneBlueRiver, Teemo versus ChrisG and Flocker versus Richard Nguyen. There is also the ever-present threat of the Infinity Stones, which have the power to turn any match on its head. If you need a reminder of each Stone’s bearer and their effects, they are as follows:
- Time Stone – Allows the holder to block the effect an opponent’s Stone for one match. Held by Kazunoko.
- Space Stone – Allows the holder to swap places with any player at an equal stage in bracket. Held by Sacktap.
- Reality Stone – Allows the holder to swap the function of three buttons on their opponent’s controller. Held by Brian Kasugano.
- Mind Stone – Allows the holder to pick their opponent’s team and Infinity Stone. Held by Teemo.
- Soul Stone – Allows the holder to erase a loss in a three-out-of-five set. Held by Richard Nguyen.
- Power Stone – Allows the holder to land the first hit of a match. Held by Cloud805.
All of the action will be streamed via the BattlefortheStones Twitch channel, so tune in to see who will hold dominion over the world of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.