Tired of playing competitively in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? If only there were any special, custom modes for it… the Beefy Smash Doods are doing it the old-fashioned way — making up their own rules to turn Smash 4 on its head.
The Doods present five distinct gameplay “modes” that radically change up the way the game is played.
- Point System — look at a competitive tier list, and randomly select characters. Gain points with a modifier that rewards you for winning with a lower-tier and gives you less points if you use a higher-tier character.
- Sounds Like Smash — randomly pick eight characters, don’t look at the screen, and figure out all the selected fighters based on sound only
- The Ganon Challenge — four or eight players. Everyone, except one person, pick Ganondorf. See how many stocks the single person can take from the Ganondorfs, and then rotate to see who has the best score.
- The Smash Boardgame — Use the character select screen as a board. Advance by taking stocks during matches and play whatever character your cursor lands on as you advance.
- Duelist Pro — a venerated game mode where you keep yourself in the air as Toon Link and try to throw other players down
Go ahead and give those modes shot, if you haven’t already. Which one is your favorite? Maybe you have a “custom game” developed by yourself? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Beefy Smash Doods