Evolution 2017 has come to an end. As usual, the world’s largest fighting game tournament drew a number of eyeballs to it’s main stage. Thanks to the efforts of SRKRanking and Reddit, we have a reasonably clear snapshot of how each game preformed at this year’s event on Twitch.tv.
From SRKRanking, we have peak performance numbers on the main evo channel:
Notw that ESPN overlaps on finals pic.twitter.com/1KskXym0OB
— SRK Stats (@SRKRanking) July 17, 2017
And from Reddit user Starfirefeet, we have the peak viewer numbers for each game:
- KOF XIV (Friday) – 32,760
- Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 (Saturday) – 38,518
- Injustice 2 (Saturday) – 45,557
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (Saturday) – 128,121
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Sunday) – 84,952
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Sunday) – 97,605
- Tekken 7 (Sunday) – 145,657
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Sunday) – 143,008
- Street Fighter V (Sunday) 179,072
As noted in the detailed breakdown of the stats on Reddit, these numbers may not account for outside forces, such as: other streaming services/ESPN/DisneyXD not being counted and Twitch being down for one hour during Smash 4 finals.