Bandai Namco has announced the release of patch 1.03 for Tekken 7 today (July 5/17). While some parts of the world have reportedly already received it (Australia specifically, according to this reddit thread), North America has yet to get the update as of this writing.
As we wait patiently, we can reference Bandai Namco’s European site for an idea of what this balance patch has in store:
- Adjusted the restriction of the revenge match in Ranked Match. You can now rematch forever!
- Fixed an issue where an opponent’s character and name are sometimes changed upon having revenge matches.
- Made some sound volume adjustments in Jukebox; adjusted the BGM volume in Jukebox for TEKKEN 1, TEKKEN 2, TEKKEN 3 and TEKKEN 4.
- Made some color adjustments to certain customization items. This is to fix an issue where players can set certain color values (black) to certain items in a way that was not originally intended by the developers.
- Adjusted Leo’s character customization: fixed an issue where Leo’s upper body disappears when equipping certain items.
- Game design adjustments.
- Fixed an issue where some characters’ throw moves don’t properly reflect Rage state.
Game design adjustments could mean almost anything, but luckily Bandai Namco did elaborate on exactly what changes are in the new patch on their Japanese site. Mercifully, Flying Wonkey translated the patch notes over at avoidingthepuddle.com. You can check out the full list here.
The majority of these changes are bug fixes, though there are a few buffs on hitboxes and options scattered here and there:
- Lee has an entirely new movement option now out of his Rage Drive and b+33: he can cancel the Mist Step from these moves with a back of side step input.
- Eddy players may be sad to know they can no longer break walls with their Rage Art.
- Nina’s mysterious problem where she did less damage on counter-hit Ivory Cutter seems to be resolved.
Bandai Namco has made no announcement on a delay, so PS4 users in North America should see 1.03 at some point today… until otherwise notified. A date has not been set for Xbox/PC users yet, though it will likely be in the near future.
Editor’s note: Eliza is also affected by the patch, resolving this concern.
Evo will be using 1.03 for the Tekken tournament this year which removes the Eliza meter glitch as well as other improvements! #Evo2017
— Joey Cuellar (@MrWiz) July 5, 2017