As the Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 demo just dropped in North America, console owners finally can get a taste of the latest arcade version. As we’re eager to test out changes for all characters, let’s take a quick look at Elphelt, one of the most hated/loveliest brides in fighting games.
The Prince has provided a quick breakdown video which shows Elphelt in action. We see some hitbox and hurtbox tests as they try out various normals on Sol. One change that really stands out is the ability to now do a command roll into the Shotgun stance. It seems to be a fairly effective reversal, so this should boost the bride’s defensive options a bit.
Here are the translated REV 2 patch notes from one of the loketests, but keep in mind that there are more changes that aren’t listed.
- Defense decreased.
- No longer projects phantom hurtbox before active frames of 6P, increased stagger on 6P.
- jS initial proration removed, hitbox shrunk.
- jH hitbox increased.
- jD can be YRC’d before active frames and a mid-hitting projectile will be generated.
- Rifle takes longer to become unblockable.
- Rifle crosshairs can be moved during RC flash.
- Shotgun H pushback increased slightly.
- Roll into shotgun stance added, command is 236K.
- Judge Better Half command changed to 236236K.
Source: The Prince