While BlazBlue: Central Fiction has had plenty of time to make a name for itself in Japan, audiences outside of the country have been left wondering when the game would finally make its way to North America. In a recent post on the official PlayStation Blog, we learned that the title is headed west later this year.
The console version of the game is set to ship with over thirty characters and sixty stages spanning standard Story, Arcade, and VS Modes, as well as the more nuanced Grim of Abyss, Score Attack and Speed Star Modes.
According to Gematsu, Aksys Games revealed a short list of additional features during their MomoCon panel. These features are as follows:
- Revamped user interface: completely redesigned and more intuitive.
- Brand new story: a massive single-palyer experience.
- New battle systems: “Exceed Accel” and “Active Flow.”
- Five new characters: Hibiki=Kohaku (technical-type), Naoto (aggressive standard-type), and more.
- New levels and level variations.
- “Alliance Mode” team construction mode.
- “Item Shop Mode” where you use currency earned in-game to buy loot.
- “Speed Star Mode” where you try to defeat CPU opponents within a specified time limit.
While no exact date has been announced, we do know that this latest entry in the long-running BlazBlue series will be making its way to North American PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 systems by the end of 2016.