Since the King of Fighters XIV was announced last year, SNK Playmore has slowly but surely continued to reveal more about the upcoming game. At their King of Fighters XIV Experience event in Tokyo, the company dropped their biggest reveal yet, including the game’s entire playable, non-boss, roster. That’s it, no more guessing, no more trying to verify leaks; we now know exactly who will be in the game:
- China Team: Shun’ei, Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun
- Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon
- Official Invitation Team: Sylvie, Kukri, Mian
- South America Team: Nelson, Zarina, Bandeiras
- Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature
- Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-Il, Luong
- Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, King of Dinosaurs
- Another World Team: Nakoruru, Mui Mui, Love Heart
- Villains Team: Xanadu, Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge
- K’ Team: K’, Kula Diamond, Maxima
- Ikari Team: Ralph Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
- South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, Hein
- Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Joe higasi, Andy Bogard
- Women Fighters Team: King, Mai Shiranui, Alice
- Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai
- Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Yuri Sakazaki
We also know that the game’s penultimate boss is called “Antonov,” though the final boss has yet to be named.
But characters aren’t the only recent reveals, as we now know that the game will be coming out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on August 25, and in the United States on August 23. As part of this, the company has announced that those who pre-order will be getting a classic Kyo skin, representing his look from the Orochi Saga.
Other features that the company has mentioned include a story mode, mission mode, an online training mode, and online 3 player teams.
SNK Playmore is sure to reveal more on these features, as well as the game’s cast, in the months to come. In the meantime, check out these new trailers showing many of the new features and characters.
Source: SNK Playmore with tips from Patrick H., Chris B.