After opening their alpha build to the entire community, the folks behind Rising Thunder have been hard at work on another update. This latest patch continues to improve performance for the developing title, makes Kinetic and Overdrive meters visible to both players, fixes a number of bugs, and even adds new moves for Edge and Vlad.
The developers note that, as a work in progress, these changes are not final. Please keep that in mind while checking them out below, and be sure to let us know what you think.
Rising Thunder Patch Notes, Build 1292
- Legend tier players will now see their ranking among all players.
- The UI will now display both Kinetic and Overdrive meters for both players.
- AMD processors should no longer have extreme FPS drops when dealing with audio.
- UI platform has been integrated with the Unreal renderer, clearing up some cases of UI flickering, UI not updating, and UI that never appears.
- S1v2 punch recovery has been reduced by 1 frame, making it (just barely) safe on block.
- New S1 variant! Tranquil Thunder allows Edge to charge up his sword and Kinetic/Overdrive meters without hitting the opponent.
- S3 overhead is no longer cancelable into Overdrive.
- New S1 variant! Revolutionary Rocket calls down a missile strike from the sky. Vlad decides the timing in advance, but that information is hidden from the opponent.
- Vlad’s Overdrive now destroys all his projectiles when it connects, so they can no longer knock opponents away from the remaining Overdrive hits.
- Vlad’s hover meter now refills between rounds, and disappears properly when full.
- Vlad’s Sputnik Torpedo cancel window has been standardized to match other projectile specials.
- Fixed a bug that allowed throws to be performed while holding Down+Back.
- Fixed various bugs caused by projectiles connecting on the same frame as throw attempts, causing characters to become attached or warp away.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Crow’s c.H disc from following his hand properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain items, such as Edge’s sword and sheath, to flip the wrong way at the end of a round.
- Standardized Edge’s reaction to Vlad’s forward throw, to make him fall at the same rate as everyone else.
- Edge’s model is now textured! Who will be next?
- Round icons have been added to the in-match HUD.
Overdrive meter moved from below the lifebars to the bottom of the screen.
- Slight pose improvement for Edge’s F+M.
- Slight pose improvement for Talos’ uncharged Meteor Breaker.
- Talos’ Meteor Slam and Meteor Breaker whiff animations have been shortened slightly to better convey their true recovery frames.
- Zib has a new small flag.
- Cooldown refresh sounds no longer play after KO.
Note: We consider the new Vlad variant to be a highly experimental move. As you’ve already seen, we’re doing a lot of fine tuning during our Alpha test, but we’re also excited to try out some new things that you might not have seen before.
This move may be too weak, or it may be too strong, but we need your help to figure out its possibilities and limits. We hope you’ll enjoy the chance to have some fun together and try new things!
As always, your feedback is not simply appreciated, it literally makes it possible for us to make the game its best.
Rising Thunder is currently undergoing alpha testing. Signing up and taking part is as easy as visiting the official website.
Source: Rising Thunder via r/risingthunder and Patrick Miller