The PlayStation 3 version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate has undergone yet another update as of this morning, with a variety of new changes now in effect thanks to the ver.1.07 patch. Much like previous updates, ver.1.07 brings with it a few bug fixes and characters changes that should alter the game’s overall balance.
In addition to the patch, Ultimate’s latest fighter Phase-4 is now available for purchase. This Kasumi clone features some of the same moves as the original, but also features a bit of added flair to spice things up.
The latest patch should be applied the next time you boot up your game, after which you can purchase Phase-4 through the PlayStation Network for $5.99. Please be aware that this only pertains to North American at this point in time; a global Xbox Live release is planned for tomorrow, and the European PlayStation Network is scheduled to catch up on June 25.
Two new videos showing off what Phase-4 is capable of as well as the full rundown of changes made in ver.1.07 can be found below.
- Data added for new character Phase 4. (Playable after an unlock key is purchased) Note: Music and system voice setting have not been added for this character.
- 19 titles added for Phase 4.
- 3 victory movies and 1 defeat movie added for Phase 4.
- System for saving replay data changed for compatibility with various patch changes. Replays saved in Ver. 1.07 will not be playable in previous versions.
- Photos from the PS3 version now upload correctly to Facebook.
- The “Exercise Newbie” trophy can now be obtained after clearing all characters’ Command Training in DOA5U: Core Fighters and upgrading to the full version of DOA5U.
- Music now plays correctly during online matches for the Xbox 360 version.
- Fixed a bug in ver. 1.05 that prevented Donovan’s system voice from being unlocked when Alpha-152′s Command Training was cleared.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Other” page of the Fight Log to double the count for each category when Marie Rose was being used.
- Fixed a bug in Free Training that caused the COM to become unresponsive when the character was set to Alpha-152 and the COM behavior was set to levels 1-8.
- Phase 4′s Power Blow animation fixed so that water effects display correctly.
- Power Blows against a wall in the Sky City Tokyo stage now behave correctly as wall hits.
- 236T: Improved command input feel.
- PPP6P max charge: Guard advantage changed from GB(-12) to GB(+6).
- Dragon Stance H: Command changed to Dragon Stance 6H.
- 236T～Heichu P: When the 236T portion is input as 236HP (with H and P one frame apart), this will no longer trigger Heichu P.
- To juggled opponent T: Fixed a bug that caused Counter and Hi Counter stuns to also be applied to follow-up moves when the opponent was hit against a certain wall in The Show stage.
- 6P+K: When the move hits and causes a Critical Finish, the opponent will now be knocked down.
- 3H or 9H vs. a high strike: Fixed so that the follow-up P is only possible if the hold was successful.
- 3H or 9H vs. a low punch: Fixed so that the follow-up P is only possible if the hold was successful.
- Changed some character lines.
- 6P: PP6P→6P to an opponent in Critical State no longer triggers a Critical Finish.
- 6PK (on first strike hit): Damage increased from 12 to 16.
- 3P: Adjusted so that certain inputs no longer cause the move to end after the first hit.
- 2P: Advantage on normal hit changed from -1F to 0F.
- 1PP (on first strike hit): Changed the stun for Counter Hits and higher.
- 7K: Damage increased from 30 to 33.
- Chifu K: Damage increased from 22 to 25.
- Back-turned KKP: No longer can be used, for consistency with her front-facing move chains.
- Back-turned KK6K: No longer can be used, for consistency with her front-facing move chains.
- 236T: Improved command input feel. Damage increased from 18+15 to 16+15.