Double Helix Games’ community manager Rich “Filthierich” Bantegui took to the studio’s official forums tonight to drop some information on the next Killer Instinct patch. While a number of issues plagued the title after the implementation of the jail system, which sought to punish disconnecting players, this new update will apparently correct those problems.
No specific time frame has been given for the release of this patch other than “very soon,” but we’ll be sure to keep you updated as more details are provided.
The full list of changes to the jail system can be found below along with notes on Spinal fixes, general adjustments, and more.
JAIL SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS
- All “Jail” stats have been RESET aka “clean slate”
- Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
- Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.
*The Jail system had a few issues on release but due to constant updates from the community, we’re happy to share this recent version which will have the JAIL system work as intended. Again, we extend our gratitude for your feedback and assistance.
- Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
- Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener.
- Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
- Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick.
- Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly.
- Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode.
PROGRESS NOT SAVING
- Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.
- Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).
ULTRA’s EQUAL WIN *NEW!*
- If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.
CHARACTER LOADING SCREEN FIX
- Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.
CHARACTER SELECT REMOVED FROM REPLAYS
- The character select option from “Replays” has been removed.
Source: Double Helix Games