UPDATE – The stream will be live shortly.
Super Turbo Revival’s King of GGPO series has long been the source of great Super Street Fighter II Turbo footage, and today they return with a brand new lineup of events to decide another champion. Much like previous tournaments, King of GGPO 2013 will consist of three separate qualifiers, culminating in a round-robin finals event later this month.
These tournaments are open to all who wish to participate, though there are limitations based on location and ping. The full list of rules has been included below. You can qualify for this and future events over on ST Revival.
King of GGPO’s first qualifier is scheduled to start today around 1 PM PST, 4 PM EST, and will be streamed in its entirety by Arkadeum. Be sure to tune in if you’re a fan of old-school fighting action. This article will be updated as soon as the broadcast is live.
FORMAT / RULES
- There are three 32-man bracket qualifying tournaments (three chances to qualify):
- ROUND 1 – November 9, 2013 @ 1PM PST.
- ROUND 2 – November 16, 2013 @ 1PM PST.
- ROUND 3 – November 23, 2013 @ 1PM PST.
- FINALS – November 23, 2013 – Immediately following the conclusion of Round 3.
- The winner of each tournament QUALIFIES for the FINALS on November 23, 2013.
- The winner of each tournament may not enter the following qualifying tournaments.
- To help keep pings as low as possible, we’re restricting it to players from North America only.
- We are also instituting a ping limit. For players outside the US, we will be testing pings before the start of the tournament. If the ping is over 150, we will have an alternate take your place. (Sorry!)
- All matches in the qualifying tournaments are 2 OUT OF 3 rounds and DOUBLE ELIMINATION
- WINNERS FINALS, LOSER FINALS, and GRAND FINALS are 3 OUT OF 5 ROUNDS.
- CHARACTER LOCK tournament. Players must choose their character when registering.
- Akuma is banned. Zangief’s “magic grab” glitch is banned.
- Anyone who is caught using macros or turbos, will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED.
- Any excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a BAN. Keep it civilized, gentlemen!
- Any players absent after fifteen minutes of the start time, will be DISQUALIFIED and the first alternate will take his/her place.
- If two players cannot connect, they will have the option of playing on an alternative service (Supercade, etc.). If this is not an option, a coinflip will determine the winner.
- THREE MAN, RACE TO TEN FORMAT between the three finalists.
- The first two players will be chosen at random and they will play one game. WINNER STAYS. The third player plays the winner one game. Repeat. First player to TEN becomes the KING OF GGPO 2013 Champion!
- Matches will be streamed by Sergjiev (Arkadeum) @ http://www.twitch.tv/arkadeum for the world to see, SO BRING YOUR “A” GAME!
Source: Super Turbo Revival