While players on Steam have been able to enjoy the latest version of Skullgirls for the last couple of months, those on consoles aren’t as lucky. Lab Zero Games recently released some details regarding the update’s status on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 through the Skullgirls Indiegogo page:
We’re still working on releasing the console patches, but unfortunately they’re going to take longer than anticipated. Here’s why:
1. There were more bugs introduced by the PC version than anticipated. We believe we’ve mostly cleared these up now, but still need more time before we go back into test.
2. Second, MikeZ got married (!!!) and that naturally took a lot of time away from fixing bugs.
3. We need Konami to help us out some with some things in order to do some Microsoft TRC checks, and thus far they have been completely unresponsive. Feel free to use this information however you see fit.
As always, if you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, those who received the digital copy of the official soundtrack are in for a treat, as three new songs from the updated version are now available on Humble Bundle. Lab Zero’s Peter “Ravidrath” Bartholow dropped off the following instructions on how to access them.
As always, you can check your Humble Bundle page by doing the following:
1. Head here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender
2. Input the e-mail address you contributed from
3. A short time later, you’ll receive a link to your Humble Bundle claim page
4. Click the link, download your stuff, fill out any available forms, etc.
5. Bookmark the page for future reference
Re-download the soundtrack, and you’ll have all the new tracks!