While Atlus revealed that they will be bringing Aquapazza to the United States by way of the PlayStation 3 last month, a concrete release date was unavailable at the time of the original announcement. Rumors circulated thanks to an updated Amazon listing, and today Atlus has confirmed that the popular Aquaplus crossover fighter will be appearing on American shores November 19.
Today’s press release also mentions that the title will be an updated version that carries the same specifications as those currently found in Japanese arcades, which includes new characters, gameplay improvements, and more.
The full press release can be found below.
IRVINE, Calif. – Sept. 10, 2013 – The 2-D anime-style fighting game AquaPazza will finally be available for purchase on Nov. 19. Be prepared to fight to the last breath with unforgiving, non-stop combat, which features stunning combos, vicious chain attacks, and devastating partner matchups that can change the outcome of a fight. AquaPazza’s visually stunning animation and high adrenaline, tournament-grade action will challenge veteran fighting game aficionados and newcomers alike thanks to a variety of game modes. AquaPazza is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and will be available in stores and on the PlayStation Network for just $29.99.
- Up-to-date fighting specifications: The North American version of the game will feature all the content through the current Japanese arcade spec (ver. 2.01), which includes several new characters and improvements for tournament-grade action.
- An eclectic cast of characters: The 13 combatants in AquaPazza are a diverse bunch, from the studious bookworm Manaka who—no kidding—attacks with a bookshelf, to the lance-wielding, shield-carrying Sasara. Moreover, the Japanese voice track will be left completely intact.
- An in-depth partner system: Players select from one of the thirteen partners to accompany them. Partners assist players as one of three classes with one of four different actions. Players get rewarded for aggressive play styles and the partners add an additional skill element to help break defensive play.
- Tournament-level competition: Developed by Examu and Aquaplus, AquaPazza has a strong backbone of fighting game mechanics with twitch response times and super attacks.
- A variety of gameplay modes: Each character has a storyline of their own, which unlocks the “another story” mode and an alternate ending. There’s also a time-attack mode, training mode, and a gallery mode.
- Online play: Take to the internet to challenge players in ranked, unranked, and friends-only matches.
AquaPazza will be available for $29.99 beginning on Nov. 19. More information will be available on the game’s official website: http://www.atlus.com/aquapazza.
Index Digital Media, Inc.’s ATLUS brand has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon’s Souls™, ATLUS is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences.
ATLUS is a brand of Index Corporation and its privately held subsidiary Index Digital Media, Inc.
For breaking news, special promotions, insider info, and more, visit http://www.atlus.com/faithful to join the ranks of the ATLUS Faithful!