Today in Japan, peripheral maker HORI opened pre-orders for its PlayStation 3-exclusive Bluetooth wireless/USB wired dual-connection arcade stick, the “Wireless Real Arcade Pro.V3 SA”, at its HORISTORE.com online store. The arcade stick is scheduled for a summer 2013 release, priced at 15800 yen (~165 USD).
Pre-orders end on March 27 at 18:00 JST. If a set amount of pre-order sales is reached within the period, the stick will enter production. Pre-order status can be checked on the reservation page.
- Can be switched between BT mode (Bluetooth wireless connection) and USB mode (USB wired connection), allowing enjoyment without environment constraints.
- BT mode functions on an internal rechargeable battery for approximately 40 hours. Chargeable via USB.
- The first non-Sony peripheral capable of turning on the PlayStation 3 console via the PS button.
- Features a cable storage space on the back when not in USB mode or charging.
- Use Sanwa Denshi parts
- Stick lever: JLF=TP-8YT-SK
- Buttons: OBSF-30/OBSF-24
- Equipped with stick function switch
- The spacing between the stick unit and buttons has been increased, improving ease of usage
- Uses a mat on the reverse side, preventing slip on surfaces and the cold metal sensation when played on the lap.
- Comes with 3 turbo settings (5/12/20 times per second).
- Dimensions: length 430mm x width 240mm x height 125mm (Excluding protrusions. Base dimensions.)
- Weight: 2.2kg
- Cable length: 3.0m
- *PlayStation 3 console activation only functions in BT mode
- Not compatible with analog input, motion sensor, vibration functions or any other functions not listed.
- All features may not be usable depending on the PS3 system software.
- Product cannot be used with PlayStation 2, PlayStation or PSone.
- Not guaranteed to work with PlayStation 2 software.