While Vampire Resurrection is just launching this week, several minor issues in the title have recently come to the attention of Capcom. The games in the HD collection, Vampire Hunter (Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge) and Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3), are based on specific arcade board versions. However, a few bugs have been found in both games that cause the Vampire Resurrection versions to differ from arcade. The bugs affect both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.
- When Bishamon’s Hane Yaiba is blocked, he can still perform Tsuji Hayate and Kaeshi Yaiba.
- During Aulbath’s (Rikuo’s) Water Jail on hit, Aqua Spread will connect.
- The activation visuals for Dark Force differ from the original.
- The BGM and flashing buttons for Lilith’s Gloomy Puppet Show are out of sync.
- Vampire Hunter: Ver.950302
- Vampire Savior: Ver.970519
In order to conform to the game balance of the above versions, an update correcting the bugs is planned.
NOTE: The following only applies to the disc version of Vampire Resurrection, which is only available in Japan.
In addition, a printing error has been found on the cover of the PlayStation 3 version of Vampire Resurrection. The back of the package states that at least 350MB of HDD space is required (installation mandatory) to play the title. The disc version cannot actually be installed, however, so the only actual space requirement is 2177KB for save data. Consumers seeking corrected covers will be able to swap by sending the original covers to Capcom. Fixed covers will be sent after April 1. For more information, check the official Vampire Resurrection site.