Tecmo Koei Games’ Team NINJA will be bringing the DEAD OR ALIVE 5 experience to the PlayStation Vita in March of next year. Famitsu has posted info on some of the new features of the upcoming Vita version. Note that the extra content (costumes, Collector’s Edition, etc.) is based on the Japanese release.
Screenshots are from the PlayStation 3 version.
PlayStation Vita Version Features
- DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Appears on PlayStation Vita!
- Equipped with new features for casual gamers to hardcore!
- Touch-play mode – Experience a new way of playing DEAD OR ALIVE in new sensational battles by fighting with touch.
- PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita cross-platform expansion – Of course you can face-off with fellow PS Vita users, but with PlayStation 3 Users too! By sharing purchased downloadable content and save data, you can share your favorite costumes from the PlayStation 3 version.
- Lesson Mode – By completing tasks on actual fighting methods, you can gain the necessary skills and awareness while enjoying the game!
- Super skill info – A must for experts! Detailed technique data beyond general knowledge is displayed in real-time.
- BGM customization – You can enjoy the battles while playing your favorite music!
Experience a new way of playing DEAD OR ALIVE in new sensational battles by fighting with touch. In addition to the standard horizontal screen, you can hold the Vita vertically to feel even closer to the on-screen character.
With touch, flick and pinch movements, you can directly attack the opponent in an intuitive way of fighting. You can enjoy the different reactions of the characters based on where you touch.
First Production Download Code for Cheerleader Costumes for Kasumi, Ayane, Tina
The first production run of the Vita version will include a code to download cheerleader outfits for Kasumi, Ayane and Tina. *Will be made available as paid DLC after launch.
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS will launch with a special Collector’s Edition in Japan. Whether a collector’s edition will be made available outside Japan is currently unknown.
- Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes
- Download code for an “Extreme Private Gravure” movie
- “I’m a fighter” custom skin
- Beginners guide with gravure
- “DEAD OR ALIVE 5″ Original Soundtrack vol.2
*”Paradise Sexy Costumes” will be made available as paid DLC after launch. Distribution date is to-be-announced.
*”Extreme Private Gravure Movie” can be viewed within the game.
*”I’m a fighter” custom skin is an exclusive PlayStation Vita item.
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS is set to launch on March 19 in the US, March 20 in Japan.