A Persona video by Persona… I’m sure no one has made that joke before. Persona’s latest video tackles Kanji, the character with quite possibly the fewest combo possibilities in the game. Most of Kanji’s extended combos require One-More cancels or One-More bursts, even off fatal counters. When compared to characters like Mitsuru which can easily score 5K off of a fatal counter with no meter, it’s pretty clear that Kanji is a little behind on the damage curve. Still, if you have the meter to blow, Persona says it’s worth it to blow it, considering how hard it is for Kanji to get in range for combos in the first place. You can find full notes and transcripts for the combos performed below the video.
Kanji is all about the damage. An example would be his qcf AB. There’s not really anything different about it compared to the normal versions but it does nice extra damage so if you have extra meter at the end of a combo, it’s good to tack in the extra damage instead of saving it for other things since it’s difficult enough for Kanji to get into range for combos.
- Shadow Labrys: The combo fills up one meter and I use it at the end for extra damage.
- Teddie: Combo from a qcf A counter hit confirm.
- Yukiko: –
- Mitsuru: –
- Labrys: You have to walk forward a bit to continue the combo after the super.
- Yosuke: –
- Akihiko: –
- Chie: –
- Aigis –
- Yu: You have to walk forward a bit to continue the combo after the super.
- Elisabeth: –
- Naoto: –
- Shadow Labrys: qcb C, dB xx qcf C xx qcf AB
- Teddie: qcf A, A-A-B-dB xx qcf CD, jp B, dB xx qcf C xx OMC, dB xx qcf C xx qcf B
- Yukiko: CD, dAB xx BURST, C-dB xx qcf C xx OMC, dB xx qcf C xx qcf B
- Mitsuru: CD, OMC, dC-dB xx qcf C xx qcf B
- Labrys: qcbx2 C, walk foward dB xx qcf C xx qcf B
- Yosuke: qcbx2 C, jp B-C xx BURST, qcf B xx qcb B xx qcfx2 P xx OMC, qcb D xx qcf B
- Akihiko: qcbx2 C, qcfx2 P xx OMC, jp qcb B xx BURST, C xx qcf B xx qcb B xx qcf B
- Chie: C (fatal counter)-C xx qcfx2 P xx OMC, AB xx mash buttons xx C, jp B xx qcb B xx BURST, C xx qcfx2 P
- Aigis jp C (fatal counter), dC xx qcfx2 P xx BURST, qcf B, A-C-dB xx qcf C, dA xx qcfx2 P xx OMC, qcb D xx qcf B
- Yu: dC (fatal counter) xx qcbx2 C, walk forward qcfx2 P xx BURST, C xx qcf B xx qcb B xx qcfx2 P
- Elisabeth: C (fatal counter)-dC, dA-B-dB-C xx qcf B, A-A, jpc A-B xx qcb B xx qcfx2 P xx OMC, qcbx2 C
- Naoto: jp C (fatal counter), C-dC xx BURST, dC, B-dB-C xx qcf B, A-A, jpc A-B xx qcb B xx qcfx2 P xx OMC, qcbx2 C