To commemorate the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter as well as the PlayStation Vita release of Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom, in cooperation with GODSGARDEN, TOPANGA and Nico Nico, will be bringing the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Tournament series to Japan. Player submissions are open from August 10 (Fri) to August 20 (Mon). Each game will have a 128-player max bracket with an online preliminary tournament to decide the top 8, and an offline finals tournament within the Tokyo area (details to be announced). The tournament will be streamed on Nico Nico, and will be a pay-per-view stream.
For full information on the event and rules, check the Capcom site on the tournament.
Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Official National Tournament Kakutou Aki Matsuri (“Fighting Fall Festival”)
- Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 (X360)
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition (X360)
*Because Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix does not have a release in Japan, the game will not be featured.
- Starting 128 players for each game, played until final 8* are confirmed
- Best 2 of 3 game matches
- 9/29 (Sat): All titles, until Top 64
- 9/30 (Sun): All tiles, until Top 32
- 10/6 (Sat): All titles, until Top 8*
- 10/7 (Sun): Preparation day (Will only be held if match time runs over)
*SSFIV AE Ver.2012 has an invite slot for the 2nd TOPANGA League (A), so will be played until Top 7.
Starts at 8PM JST, ends at 11PM each day (approximately 3 hours).
- Offline, in Tokyo
- Starts from Top 8
- Double elimination format
- 10/20 (Sat)
- Venue: Within Tokyo (Entrance limited to invites only)
*Event details to be announced at a later date
*There will be a lottery held for paying viewers, and those chosen will be invited to attend.
To be announced at a later date.
Street Fighter X Tekken
- Qualifying Tournament is broken into 2 blocks, with the top 4 from each block advancing for a total of 8 players
- All characters and Gems are allowed
- Character colors set to default
- Random stage select
- 90 second time limit to set gems. Exceeding 90 seconds will result in a forfeit
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012
- Preliminary tournament is broken into 7 blocks, with the winner of each block proceeding to the finals tournament
- 1 spot in the finals tournament has been reserved for the 2nd TOPANGA League (A)
- All arrange costumes are allowed
- Random stage select
- During the tournament Ultra Combo can be freely changed
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition
- Preliminary tournament is broken in 2 blocks, with the top 4 from each block advancing for a total of 8 players in the finals tournament
- During the tournament Super Arts can be freely changed
- Gill is banned
- Color may be freely set
- Screen ratio is set to normal