Details regarding a brand new installment of Arc System Works’ BlazBlue franchise recently hit Twitter courtesy of jinjya3, who is currently attending BlueFes 2012, a yearly event that has seen huge announcements like this before. The title, dubbed BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, will supposedly feature three new characters, updated costumes for the other fighters, and a variety of tweaks and additions to the existing movesets. While it’s unclear at the moment if this is an entirely new game, the plethora of changes would lead one to assume it is.
Arc System Works designer Toshimichi Mori confirmed the title on Twitter. This is certainly an interesting turn of events with the recent console release of Persona 4 Arena in Japan. The game currently has a winter 2012 arcade release window. In addition, there will be a location test at Akihabara Hey in Tokyo on August 6. Below you can catch the trailer shown at BlueFes, courtesy of Famitsu.
MMCafe’s Professor has provided clearer translations of jinjya3′s details. We’ve included them below, along with an image portraying the emblems of the three new characters. Location testing for the title will begin on Monday in Japan at Akihabara Hey.
- The new release will be titled Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.
- There’s reportedly a lot that’s been changed in the game. The neutral poses have been redrawn for all the characters, and their costumes are even different. Of course they also have new moves.
- Noel has a different weapon and she doesn’t wear a cap this time.
- Tsubaki seems to be the version that’s fallen to the dark side.
- Hazama has a new DD
- The BGMs seems to be different as well
- Three new characters will be added in: Amane, Barret(Bullet?), Azrael. Amane fights with something like a cloth, Barret looks a bit like Makoto, Azrael is muscular.