It was recently revealed that the Guilty Gear XX series is getting a new arcade update titled GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R. While Guilty Gear developer Arc Systems Works and Sega announced in February that Λ Core Plus would be coming to arcades as well as XBLA and PSN, there had previously been no details on any sort of system changes to the game. Today, director Takeshi Yamanaka announced the new title and revealed several pieces of information regarding Λ Core Plus R on his Twitter account. Arc System Works opened a new site for Λ Core Plus R, and the character section reveals that Λ Core Plus R will have some major character adjustments, including balancing and the introduction of new moves.
Arc System Works also released a preview video on their official Nico Video channel, visually illustrating some of the characters changes in this new version. A Youtube mirror courtesy of Jourdal is viewable below.
GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R Location Test PV
Arc System Works already have two-day location test events planned for AC+R in the Kantou, Kansai, and Kyushu regions. June 2-3 AC+R will be available for testing at Club Sega Akihabara Shinkan in Tokyo, Sega Nanba Avion in Osaka, and Hyper Messe in Fukuoka. There is currently no word whether this new revision is arcade-only or if this is also the version coming to XBLA and PSN. Be on the look at for more information regarding Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R in the future.
UPDATE: Dream Maker on the Dustloop forums has been working on translating the character changes from the official website. These are listed as “main changes,” so it would be safe to assume they aren’t meant to be a complete look at every change. We’ll update this list as more information becomes available.
- P, 2P, 6K, 2S, 2HS, jump 6P, jump S : you can now chose to have 2 hits by maintaining the button
- 63214 HS : FRC removed
- 4 (charge) 6 D : New FB
- Goku moroha mode : damage up, damage penalty from self hits reduced, longer duration, more powerful overall
- 236 D in moroha or goku moroha : more hits, travel distance increased
- 6HS : FRC changed to be just before the move hits.
- FB ON , 623D : New FB move, FRC possible right after the move hits.
- FB note, 214D : New FB move, FRC possible right after startup.
- 6HS : now possible to gatling into from far S.
- FB stinger aim : created ball can now bounce several times on the floor and screen borders.
- FB carcass raid : same as above
- Charge gauge : When using a move the gauge depletes slower
- Dragon Install Sakkai (632146S) : Tension cost became 50% instead of 100%
- New move 3HS : Same as the old 6HS pre AC.
- New move, S raging Javelin : New S followup after vapor thrust
- 222HS : FRC now possible just after the move hits
- 214D FB greed saber : new FB
- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge : command changed to 4D after CSE.
- 214K : FRC now possible just before the move hits
- 214P : has new FB D followup.
- 236H (sword mode) : FRC now possible right after landing (that’s what the site says, maybe a typo there or they’re talking about the aerial move I dunno)
- 236S (Raoh mode) : now possible airbone
- 214S (Raoh mode) : now possible airbone
- 236D : Possible to recover eddie gauge over the normal limit with this move (I hope I understood this right) command changed to 214D.
- 22 + button : added P, K and D version possible to roman cancel each of them.
- Detonation of 22 + button : command changed from P to whatever button you used to trigger the move.
- 623 K : command changed from 412K
- 41236 HS : S version added, now possible airbone
- Gamma ray : FRC added, timing is right after the first hit.
- Not sure to understand everything here but it seems that her powered up special kick moves followups after certain moves can now be done with D button and without any need of followup.
- 214H : Glitter is gold, New move
- 236236H (airbone) : New overdrive
- 632146P : FRC added right before hit
- 63214H : command changed to 632146H
- 214H : new move, HS Dandy step
- 214D : new move, FB Dandy step
- 41236H : return of the old tensionless fafnir, possible to cancel into.
- Tyrant rave (fafnir followup after H or D fafnir) : command changed to 64D from 46D
- 214K after VV during dragon install is now possible
- 236D airbone : new FB sidewinder
- New FB alpha blade added. Command is D during 236P.
- 623D : new FB beta blade
- 41236D : new FB gamma blade
- 421D : New FB move, FB version of 421S
- Zeinest (web) : command changed to 623P
- Hitomi (tree) : command changed to 623K
- New move (Ruft Warrant ?) : command is 22 P or K
- New FB phantom soul : command is 236D
- Youshijin : new command is 623P not possible as guard cancel anymore but only as a normal special move.
- Return of the “whell counter” command is 214P while on guard
- 63214K : now possible to do guard cancels while successfully guarding with the move
- FB door added, D after 214K
- 6K : now possible to cancel into yoyo or any special move
- 214D : is now homing towards the enemy.
- 236S : FRC added right after the earthquake comes out
- Hammerfall (written as 4 charge 6 S, command changed ?) : FRC timing is later
- 63214D : P followup added, cancels the animation of judge gauntlet
- New 2H airbone : return of the pre slash old jump HS
- 236D : FRC added right after the jumping animation
- 214D : New FB secret garden.
- 41236D : New FB version of dolphin summon I guess
- 623S or HS : possible to followup vertical and horizontal dolphin with restive rolling through this command
- 623H : now possible airbone, FRC possible just as the ground version.