Friday April 13th through Sunday April 15th is Stunfest XII: 8th Battles of Roazhon in Rennes, France. Organized by 3 hit combo, this video games festival, in its 8th year (don’t be fooled by the “XII!”), features arcade games, retro games, indie games, concerts and conferences, as well as fighting game tournaments. The number of fighters is extensive, featuring the latest titles as well as several arcade classics:
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND – Singles
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 – Singles
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves – Singles
- The King of Fighters XIII – Singles, 2v2
- SoulCalibur V – Singles, 3on3
- Street Fighter X Tekken – Singles
- Super Street Fighter II X (Turbo) – Singles
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition – Singles, 3on3
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 – Singles, 2on2
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Singles
There will also be a free tourney for the newly released Skullgirls, with the chance to win a custom FoeHammer stick.
Some of Europe’s finest, including WDM|Luffy, WDM|Cuongster, Ken Bogard, and Kayane will be participating. While there is less foreign presence than there has been in previous years, three players from Japan will be joining the fray in the Garou: Mark of the Wolves tournament: Kento, Wata and Tsubo. There will be two streams for the event, provided by Dans Ta Cave and SWGA Maho, so be sure to check out both and catch all of the action! We’ll also have tournament results as they become available so you’ll know who won what, even if you can’t catch the event live.
Check the English information section of the Stunfest site for the schedule. Keep in mind that the tourney is in France under the CET time zone (UTC +1), 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time (UTC -4) and 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time (UTC -7). Commentary may primarily be in French, so tournament progress may be a bit difficult to follow, but fighting games are a universal language, so please enjoy!