Razer has released new images and video of the latest prototype revision for their upcoming arcade stick on our own Tech Talk forum.
The prototype shown (revision 12) features some changes from the last prototype seen at TGS – changes made based on feedback from fighting game players including RZR|Latif, The Fighters Alliance and many more (to be announced).
- Acrylic top plate to cover customized artwork
- Gas strut to support the easy opening of the chassis for mods
- Honeycomb structure for easy dismount/mount of additional components throughout the bottom chassis
- Removable buttons, joystick, cable tray and screwdriver tray
- Increased height to 7cm / 2.8” to accommodate both Sanwa and Seimitsu joysticks and buttons
- Overall weight of the arcade stick around 3.4 kg / 7.5 lb
Razer is currently looking for feedback on these changes from the community. If feedback on “revision 12′ is good, a limited production run will be sent to 200 select beta testers for further validation. If not, then they’ll do another re-design for a “revision 13” and send that out instead.