It looks like the DLC rumors were true after all. Shirakani uploaded a video proving that both Mr. Karate and NESTS Kyo are playable characters in King of Fighters XIII. They are most likely already on the disc just waiting to be unlocked, much like the MvC3 DLC. The footage is extremely brief but it does show their Neo Max techniques. Shirakani also provides a detailed description of both characters. Atlus will most likely announce Mr. Karate and NESTS Kyo as DLC sometime soon.
Totally new character vs Takuma
- gained f+A command attack, canned 3 hit leftrightleft punch that is comboable into and from.
- Ko’oh-ken is KOF2k2 Takuma style. Both A and C vers will combo. C ver does not guardcrush.
- C ver Ko’oh-ken has a ‘followup dash’ (doubletap forward) that lets you cancel the recovery with a short dash forward… corner combo fun here.
- C ver Kohou (dp+C) is brakable (A+B to brake).
- new move, Hakyoujin (qcb+P), which is a high or low Geese style counter.
- regained Shorankyaku (hcb+K) knee rush, with all properties from KOF98.
- Hienshippukyaku (hcf+K) is an AIR MOVE only.
- DM’s are HSKK, Ryukoranbu, and Marco’s big shiny uppercut from Garou MOTW.
Changes vs regular Kyo:
- ex Kototsuki is no longer a command grab, it’s a short rush and grab. He does not have the Hikigane (boo).
- df+D 1hit no longer cancellable
- close C, f+B combos, and is comboable from ala KOF2k1. This will be his main combo starter.
- ex Oniyaki does not rise into the air, and only hits 6 times vs 10 from regular Kyo
- ex firefist is the Dokugami (qcf+C) and the final dp+C hit has the properties of the ex Oniyaki
- lost Air Orochinagi
- Gained Mu Shiki, cB, cA, Mu Shiki works ala KOF97/98
- Neomax IS comboable from close C, f+B, regardless of how the startup looks.
- 75 Kai (qcf+K,K) is no longer automatic, both K’s must be manually input like in old KOF. Range of the move is far shorter than regular Kyo, and it comes out slower like in KOF2k. You can drivecancel it from qcf+C for jugglefuns.
- rdp+K is the R.E.D Kick as expected, overheads.