A new product in Mad Catz’ line of Arcade FightSticks was announced just moments ago. The Soul Calibur V branded arcade stick will be similar to what you know and love about previous Mad Catz sticks, with a few alterations. Here is some info from MarkMan;
Here are some key points about the SOULCALIBUR V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition:
- Tago-san, the producer for SOULCALIBUR V told us at E3 2011 that he wanted a stick similar to the SSFIV Chun-Li Tournament Edition FightStick. We agreed to make something similar; but to make changes/improvements that cater to the fighting game fan and of course the SOULCALIBUR fan
- That being said, the SOUL Edition has a translucent body all around with the artwork of the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur swords tying into the case design
- The FightStick has a new button layout and has a button mapping that is unique to SOULCALIBUR. The new button layout and stick placement is following the NAMCO NOIR arcade panel layout; this layout is most reminiscent of the classic SEGA Astro City layout
- The bezel on the SOUL Edition FightStick is what we call the “EDGE” bezel; which helps give it more of a SOULCALIBUR look & feel
- The SOUL Edition uses 6 stainless steel screws; we’ve listened to your feedback and have noted that rusty screws are not appealing
There are some other tidbits here and there; but we’ll wait to reveal that as time goes on. This FightStick is slated for availability in North America, Europe and Japan.
Here is the full Mad Catz Press Release –
|Mad Catz(R) Enters into Agreement with Namco Bandai Games Inc(R) to Create SOULCALIBUR(TM) V Arcade FightStick Soul Edition|
“The FightStick product category continues to perform well for us globally and the addition of the popular SOULCALIBUR franchise leverages both our brand and market leadership.” said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. “Leveraging licenses on a global basis is part of our long term growth strategy to build our worldwide business.”
About Mad Catz
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (AMEX/TSX: MCZ) is a global provider of innovative interactive entertainment products marketed primarily under its Mad Catz(R) (casual gaming), Cyborg(TM) (pro gaming), Tritton(R) (gaming audio), Saitek(R) (simulation), and Eclipse(TM) (home and office) brands. Mad Catz also develops flight simulation software through its internal ThunderHawk Studios(TM); operates flight simulation centers under its Saitek brand; operates a videogame content website under its GameShark(R) brand; publishes games under its Mad Catz brand; and distributes games and videogame products for third parties. Mad Catz distributes its products through most leading retailers offering interactive entertainment products and has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For additional information please go to www.madcatz.com.